Curly Nikki, NaturallyCurly.com, and Kim Coles (comedienne and actress well-known for her role as Synclaire on the hit sitcom Living Single – one of my all time favorite shows) have joined forces in a new curly hair challenge. This challenge is a grow out challenge, as Coles seeks ways to obtain big massive hair in six months after her recent big chop.
Coles is an inspiration and I am down for the challenge. The first day of the challenge is today (Happy Black History Month too!) and the specifics can be found on CN.com here. The guidelines are reprinted from that blog post. Here they are:
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each day (or half your body weight in ounces)
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Take a multi vitamin and other beneficial supplements
- Handle hair gently at all times
- Seal your ends every time you moisturize
- Minimize (direct) heat usage
- Deep treatment at every wash session
- Develop and follow a consistent hair routine, tailored to your specific needs and desired goals
- Document your progress, observations, and frustrations on your personal blog
- Encourage your fellow curlies by sharing tips, advice, and chiming in on their blogs
- Have fun and enjoy the journey!